Tuesday 28 September 2010

Target audience

From my research into short films, I have come to a conclusion that there is a niche audience for short films. Short films are much less mainstream than Hollywood blockbusters and as a result appeal to less people. It is my understanding that the target audience for short films mainly include members of the film industry as well as people interested in art house cinema. I feel short films appeal to both genders and to individuals aged over 20. This is due to the fact that short films are more sophisticated and 'arty' and as a result don't appeal to the masses. As a result of this the mediums short films are shown through are less traditional to that of main stream films. It is my understanding that my short film will either have to be shown at specific art-house cinemas, internet viewing or television e.g Channel 4 between breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment